Smart Tool Tracking at Goodyear
The Goodyear tire company uses various manufacturing tools. These tools are stored in a specific warehouse and are used to manufacture products. Goodyear tools were “floating” around somewhere in the manufacturing process or were not stored in the right place. This issue has now been resolved thanks to Intellifi technology.
The Challenge for Goodyear
- How can a clear overview for all tool locations be created?
- How can the tools be tracked?
- How can costs in the manufacturing process be reduced?
The tracking system is installed very quickly thanks to Smartspots. Large Smartspots are used in large areas, micro spots are installed above pallet shelves and Tags are placed on the document holders of tools.
The solution makes sure there is no confusion about the identification of tools and where they are located.
Key results and benefits
- Improved efficiency in the manufacturing process because tools can be found faster.
- Lower searching costs and fewer missing tools due to real-time insight.
Ask for a demo or Skypecall for logistics